Board index GENERAL General Topics Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sid-Dickens-T-7 ... 337abb94f1

she got that damaged block in January for 28 bucks...

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Something weird with this Carol Harkness creation:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/320989074468? ... &ViewItem=

It had 2 bids, and now none. First bidder, big cheerleader of Carol's, bids first. Her bid entices another person to bid on the block. First bidder retracts bids, claiming she bided wrong amount, but never corrects the bidding price (???) Now the second bidder retracts, and apparently they are from France??

For their reason on retracting they state,
Le vendeur a changé la description de son objet

Translated means:
The salesman changed the description of his object

Always something weird going on with her sales:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

Good Morning to all, Let me start this out with an introduction. My name is Lisa and I have been collecting tiles for 10 years. Have had a lot of fun collecting. Have also met some fabulous people along the way. I wanted to take a few mintues and clue you all in as what kind of person Merissa919 / Carol Harkness really is. I have personally bought tiles from her and want you all to know that she gives you an OPTION that's right an OPTION. I am not sure why everyone is so obsessed with what she buys. You can not buy 100% positive feedback.......... She even gives you an option to return it if your not happy. YES RETURN it.
What bothers me the most is now the concern is about tiles she makes. If it"s not a Sid Dickens WHY do you all care? If anyone would like to talk to me about Carol please call me directly @ (661) 209-1350.
Sincerely, 1 of Sid Dickens biggest fans Lisa

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Littlelis wrote:
Good Morning to all, Let me start this out with an introduction. My name is Lisa and I have been collecting tiles for 10 years. Have had a lot of fun collecting. Have also met some fabulous people along the way. I wanted to take a few mintues and clue you all in as what kind of person Merissa919 / Carol Harkness really is. I have personally bought tiles from her and want you all to know that she gives you an OPTION that's right an OPTION. I am not sure why everyone is so obsessed with what she buys. You can not buy 100% positive feedback.......... She even gives you an option to return it if your not happy. YES RETURN it.
What bothers me the most is now the concern is about tiles she makes. If it"s not a Sid Dickens WHY do you all care? If anyone would like to talk to me about Carol please call me directly @ (661) 209-1350.
Sincerely, 1 of Sid Dickens biggest fans Lisa

Lisa, I am not sure why your posting this info online. We all understand your a supporter for Carol, but how can you turn a blind eye to years of undeniable evidence against her.

The fact of the matter, Carol Harkness is an enemy of Sid Dickens, inc.. If you doubt me call The Sid Dickens Studio. Carol has been a constant thorn to the studio for YEARS!

Her ebay feedback is misleading, since her victims didn't realize they were buying repaired blocks. But, there are MANY VICTIMS, that would love the chance to switch the feedback to negative.

Far as her own personal creations on ebay, it is ILLEGAL to use the Sid Dickens trademark, in order to promote your own products. All of this is a game to her, and she obviously enjoys being a pain to Sid Dickens, Inc

Robin

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Sidcollector - Robin

I am a supporter of the truth Robin nothing more than the truth. And unless you have had a transaction with her you wouldn't know that. When you buy one of her tiles she gives you an option. Option 1 the tile you see in the listing or would you like one with little repair for less? It's as simple as that. Buyers were all informed and to top it off if they didn't like the repaired or non repaired tile you could return it. So I don't understand what the problem is? The TRUTH!!!! Lisa

The logic flaw is that the "Option 1 tile you see in the listing" IS the one that was repaired and sold as mint and perfect.

I have called Carol out on this myself. I know personally from a transaction that I had a choice to buy one FREE of Repairs for current market price or cheaper if It was repaired. As did all the other buyers. Why is Brian Zinn the only 1 allowed to repair a tile who was also trained by Shawn. I don't know what pictures were used on all of her listing because I don't have time to keep track of what every Sid seller is or is not doing. But she is not the only one who makes a small repair and then resells the item. Everyone can look and see what we buy on eBay so view it. The bottom line is she gives you an OPTION then the choice is up to YOU! I don't see that as being deceptive. Again the TRUTH.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Littlelis wrote:
I have called Carol out on this myself. I know personally from a transaction that I had a choice to buy one FREE of Repairs for current market price or cheaper if It was repaired. As did all the other buyers. Why is Brian Zinn the only 1 allowed to repair a tile who was also trained by Shawn. I don't know what pictures were used on all of her listing because I don't have time to keep track of what every Sid seller is or is not doing. But she is not the only one who makes a small repair and then resells the item. Everyone can look and see what we buy on eBay so view it. The bottom line is she gives you an OPTION then the choice is up to YOU! I don't see that as being deceptive. Again the TRUTH.

As vancity mentioned, this option wasn't available before we outed her on the board. When this thread was first posted, Carol claimed she had never repaired a block before. Few weeks later she changed the story to only repairing blocks on request. But how does somebody request a repair, when the item was sold in mint condition?

Far as Brian, he was never trained by Shawn Dingman, Brian talks about it somewhere in this thread. Shawn simply told Brian what supplies he used, and Brian trained himself.

You can't compare Brian to Carol. Brian has never repaired blocks to sell on ebay. His golden rule has always been to disclose his repairs, or he will never help you again.

This is totally different then Carol using a private ebay account to buy damaged blocks, repairing them, and then selling them in perfect condition 2-3 weeks later.

Photos don't lie from ebay! There is no conspiracy here, Carol simply got caught!

R

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

I do want to add one comment about greed!

Before I posted this thread, I was asked to out Carol 4-5 months earlier by several concerned collectors. Knowing Carol's past history of denial, I knew she would deny everything and would blame us for a conspiracy. So I was patient and with the help of several members, we documented as many repair flips as we could. We wanted to make sure there was no way she could deny it. But of course she denied it anyway!

Anyway, Carol's actions evolved during those 4-5 months. In the beginning, she was very careful. She was usually waiting at least a month or two before flipping the repaired blocks. But in the end, she became greedy, impatient and wanted to flip the repairs quicker. So she created her private (secret) ebay account to hide her identity. She figured if nobody knew she was buying up the damaged blocks, she could repair and flip them immediately back onto ebay.

At that point she was out of control and we had to go public with all the documentation.

So bottom line, there is a line drawn in the sand. Carol has gone out of her way to cause havoc for the studio FOR YEARS! So either you support Sid Dickens, or you support Carol Harkness.

R

Sidcollector - Robin

Why do I have to choose? Are you telling me it's either Sid or Carol. I look forward to my answer.
Lisa

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Lisa, the point is this website 100% supports Sid dickens, and we don't support anybody that causes havoc for Sid, the Sid dickens brand, the Sid dickens dealers or the collectors. Carol has done all the above over the last 4 years.

Sidcollector - Robin

Robin, I would of never posted anything but your last post " Weird " was the line drawn for me. That tile is her creation and it has nothing to do with Sid Dickens. Therefor you should of never posted anything since it clearly doesn't even look like a Sid Dickens. Other sellers on eBay list other tiles and put them in the Sid Dickens category. I don't see any post's about them........ So if this is just a Sid site, leave everything else out. I would appreciate you deleting your post then about Carol's tile. It has nothing to do with Sid Dickens. You have made your point loud and clear. You don't like Carol and your entitled to your opinion. As I am of mine.

If your going to point out the bad sellers on eBay to protect the community of Sid collectors then point them all out. You pick and choose. If Sid promotes this site then you've made it really easy for me to choose!

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

I will say it again:

This website 100% supports Sid dickens, and we don't support anybody that causes havoc for Sid, the Sid dickens brand, the Sid dickens dealers or the collectors. Carol has done all the above over the last 4 years.

Lisa, I have no more interest in discussing this matter with you. You have made your point loud and clear. You support Carol Harkness and you think she is totally innocent.

Since you made some points, I will respond.

Carol's creations has everything to do with Sid Dickens. She is spamming the trademark name "Sid Dickens" on ebay, in order to promote her creations. To top that off, you bought one of these creations and posted the following feedback on ebay:

~ Impeccable Quality Just Like SID DICKENS. Fabulous SELLER 100% PERFECTION~

Are you honestly comparing the quality of Carol's work to Sid Dickens? If Carol's block has nothing to do with Sid Dickens, why are you comparing them on ebay?

I will also respond to your comment about not reporting other bad sellers on this board. To my knowledge, we have always listed them on the board. Off the top of my head, the primary ones are Pamela Pollack, Walter George, Shawn Dingman and Carol Harkness.

Ironically all of these individuals have several things in common with each other. Besides the similarities in repairs and making "sid like" blocks, every one of them spammed the SID DICKENS name on ebay, in order to promote their products.

Robin

Sidcollector - Robin

Previous

Return to General Topics