Board index GENERAL General Topics Sid stuff

Sid stuff

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:58 pm

I posted this on the other forum, thought you guys might also be interested. A nice little PQ Violin, dated 1997 by the man himself with a cool stamp. Sorry if the picture is too big.

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:06 am
sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Henry, that is beautiful.... Man you have some great finds......

Brian, have you ever seen this before? on any other style blocks?

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 am

Great looking tile, Henry. I think you must know some secret hiding places for all the wonderful tiles you have.
Image It's Grr-reat To Be A Florida Gator! Image

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks for sharing. Interesting!
That must be quite rare with a stamp like that on the bottom of it?
I haven't seen that stamp before.

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah the emboss is quite unique. I've had 3 other Violins and none have that stamp. Perhaps they were only on the original PQs. Donna has one on one of her iron tiles, so clearly Sid has placed them on other tiles. Question is, which ones and why those ones. Here's a close-up..

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Vancity,

Very cool tile! Dare I even ask approx. how many tiles you own? LOL 3 violins? :D

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:56 am

purdy!!!!

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Pditty, we've collected for awhile and have had blocks come and go.. Sometimes you get back the same blocks you've sold in the past.

Zbellas, thanks. Although it is somewhat old, the block itself doesnt look much different than the other Violins, aside from the emboss that is.

I'll just use this thread to post other stuff that might be of interest to forum members :D

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Henry,
I always enjoy your posts because they are always something interesting, like this.

I eagerly await your next one.

Allen
Allen

:allen:

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am

Hey Allen, thanks for the kind words. I've always enjoyed looking at everyone's collections, as each is unique in their choices and arrangement. Here's an experimental Pure Gold. I've heard that some consider the actual T103 to be "too" gold, well this one is much more subtle.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Very cool. I think I like this one better than the T-103.

Allen
Allen

:allen:

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Vancity / Henry, you seem to have some real rare Sid beauties.
I have to ask, how long have you been collecting & and how many other cool tiles do you have?

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:43 pm

I LOVE that Pure Gold!!!! I really like that the red really comes through!!!!
Annie

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Clare, Marie is more the collector. I'm just the curious George on all the technical/historical this and that.. She bought her first Sids in 1995, but have been on and off over the years. We enjoy collecting the less usual pieces. But what would be the fun if I just showed you them all at once!!

Annie, alot of people have made similar comments. The gold is more background and the red outline really makes each rosette (?) pop. Don't get me wrong, the real T103 is very beautiful too.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Yes I have seen the side stamp on 4 others........this is the first violin I have seen.......I was shown one on a hearts w script.........and iron one........a king and something else........I am guessing they were for a private party he had.........kinda like the Madonna of Guadalupe.......Sid seems to like to make personal items for his friends.........
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Next

Return to General Topics