Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Offical information to get tiles repaired.

Offical information to get tiles repaired.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:07 pm

Dr. Brian can be reached via email at middiemama7@comcast.net.
He will need pictures of the damaged tile.
Repairs cost $20.00 for regular tiles and $50.00 for transfers.
You also need to send money for shipping back.

THIS IS A HOBBIE FOR HIM.

I can be reached via email at middiemama7@comcast.net

I have rules for repairs to protect future buyers from receiving a tile that has been restored undisclosed.All repairs will be posted via photos before and after.

If tile is being restored prior to sale the sellers ID will be disclosed as well,which has been comman practice of myself for repairs.

Owners of tiles that are repaired agree to disclose any and all damage repaired at time of any future sales.

I am trying not to use a stamp on restored tiles to show they have been restored,as I feel it takes away from the tile,but should I have any future problems with undisclosed repairs I will stamp as I see fit all tiles that come for repair.

Pictures of repairs are soon to be posted........I have repaired hundreds of them and only had 3 that I could not repair..........

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Just a reminder......................

ALL TILES GO HOME. BETTER THAN WHEN THEY HAVE GOT HERE! THIS IS A HOBBIE, NOT IN IT TO MAKE MONEY.

TO QUOTE THE DR......
B Zinn1 wrote:
No no..........all tiles that come for repair go home.........I have never had any inkling of keeping one............I have plenty of tiles for my own collection...........last count I have over 110 again...........and who knows how many at Cindy's moms..........

I have no need for anyone else's tiles............this is a fun hobby for me..........it gives people something to watch,it helps people when their tile gets broken..........

If I wanted to make money from the repairs I would charge by the hour.........but that is what my job is for..........this is for the collectors........

I have fixed over 200 tiles easy and never once has one not made it home.........and the next 200 will all make it home too...........

The latest batch are now drying.......both are shattered.........I need to get pictures posted,but the Administrator is setting a space aside to put them all...............

There is a very damaged tiles that I am working on and one that is just majorly damaged and one here for a face lift..........it has traveled halfway around the world to be here........

Well I better get some rest........been a busy week..........

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...