Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Red paint???

Red paint???

Post Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi, Brian,

My husband will soon be joining a new unit within the Army. We like to have a tile that represents each of our duty stations. Our new unit is identified as the "Big Red One". I would like to purchase a "1" tile and paint it red. Something along the lines of the red in Regal Stars. Can you offer any tips or suggestions? I know some may frown on this altering but it's something that would be special for us to have hanging in our home.

Thanks!

Post Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

The red used is Primary red acrylic,to get the tone of the red used you mix in a small bit of Mars black,very little black goes a long way,and be sure to amek enough to paint it all in one batch,matching it is very hard if you need to make more.

most craft stores like Michaels have the paint and it is cheap,the Americana brand is my favorite to use,it is under a $1 per bottle.....never had a problem with it.

I only use the spendy acrylics to do jsut a few tiles so I dont recommend paying more fo rthem,unless you plan on using it for other painting projects as it is like $8 a tube and you still need medium to mix it down for right shine and such....

Sorry it took me a week to answer,I have been busy working and not paying attention to much this week....

Brian

Also thankyou to all those serving in the military,I appreciate the sacrifice given to me by them....stay safe.
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Post Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate your time and the information.

Have a nice day!

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...