Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

jcarq wrote:
BRAVO Kitkat for following up and investigating with eBay....and to the others that bring the dishonesty to light.

For those that say "this needs to stop".... you are putting your head in the sand, turning a blind eye to sellers that defraud and scam people...therefore allowing it to continue. Is that what you want?

I agree, the name calling isn't good, it's the 'facts' of what these bad sellers are doing that need to be brought to eBay....unfortunately, what Kitkat has found that is against eBay rules IS some of this mudslinging. It's never easy to stand up, do the right thing and try to stop the scams, fraud and lies. It's not pretty, but needs to be done otherwise more innocent people will be scammed b/c no one would do the right thing and put a stop to the lies, fraud.

For those that are trying to stop the fraud.....good job!

No,my head isn't buried in the sand at all....My eyes are WIDE OPEN!,, so nice to get slammed...I was really just hoping the name calling would stop...yes,Kitkat you did PM me and I responded in kind...I just don't see where name calling of any sort is needed from either side...I just think that some people get off on mudslinging and name calling...I'm all for doing the right thing trust me but I think it can be done adult like....no,instead people like myself who are just asking for a little adult like behavior get a nasty response ...just wow,it's ok though,y'all do what you do

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

You know EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion, so we should all respect it. With that being said, emotions are really high on this subject. While some members got refunds or exchanges, others got nothing.

So this thread will mean different things, to different people. I totally respect those that wish to stay on the sidelines, those that wish the drama would end, and those that want justice and/or wish to protect future collectors.

Far as me, I am looking to protect the future collectors.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

zbellasmom wrote:
jcarq wrote:
BRAVO Kitkat for following up and investigating with eBay....and to the others that bring the dishonesty to light.

For those that say "this needs to stop".... you are putting your head in the sand, turning a blind eye to sellers that defraud and scam people...therefore allowing it to continue. Is that what you want?

I agree, the name calling isn't good, it's the 'facts' of what these bad sellers are doing that need to be brought to eBay....unfortunately, what Kitkat has found that is against eBay rules IS some of this mudslinging. It's never easy to stand up, do the right thing and try to stop the scams, fraud and lies. It's not pretty, but needs to be done otherwise more innocent people will be scammed b/c no one would do the right thing and put a stop to the lies, fraud.

For those that are trying to stop the fraud.....good job!

No,my head isn't buried in the sand at all....My eyes are WIDE OPEN!,, so nice to get slammed...I was really just hoping the name calling would stop...yes,Kitkat you did PM me and I responded in kind...I just don't see where name calling of any sort is needed from either side...I just think that some people get off on mudslinging and name calling...I'm all for doing the right thing trust me but I think it can be done adult like....no,instead people like myself who are just asking for a little adult like behavior get a nasty response ...just wow,it's ok though,y'all do what you do

I would like you to go back and re-read all of my posts re: this matter. I think you will find that aside from a few colourful descriptives I have not hurled any 'names' or any 'mud' at anyone involved in this mess. I DO NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE!!....I have the luxury of being objective! No one is making any judgements here...there is photographic evidence of wrongdoing! And I'll go further and point out that the only person involved with this issue who is actually trying to right the wrongs via eBay is me!

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

You are not alone kitkat. Several people have filed complaints with ebay in regards to Carol Harkness/Merissa919.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I am here to protect the future collectors. I have a long track record of protecting our current and future collectors. I surely don't want them, or me, being afraid of buying blocks on ebay. I have been collecting since 2003, and involved with the community since 2007. This is the first time I can recall, that somebody was purposely buying, repairing and flipping blocks on ebay.

Here is another fact against Carol Harkness/Merissa919. When we first posted this thread, she was telling people that she never repaired any blocks. Then later on, she told people she only painted the backs black on request. Then later on, she said a famous art teacher was doing the repairs. Then later on, she claimed her brother in law was doing the repairs. DO YOU GET IT! What happened to her first statement, saying she doesn't repair her blocks? Now she has posted altered Sid Dickens blocks, proving that not only can she do repairs, she can also alter the designs.

Ask yourself this? Has she addressed why her blocks magically get repaired in a matter of weeks? Has she answered whey she created her first private ebay account to buy up damaged blocks? Has she ever answered why she created her second private account after we posted the name of the first one in this thread?

I can go all day documenting the case against Carol Harkness/Merissa919. Besides the repaired blocks, she is also involved with all kind of weird buying and selling on ebay. For example look at this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sid-Dickens-T-8 ... 500wt_1143

It sold on 1/31/2012 for $495.00. Based on recent sales, this block was selling in the $150-$200 range for most the year. In fact days before her sell, the block sold for $135, $160, $177.50, etc. So how did Carol get 2-3X the price? Was it a real sell, or fake? If fake, Why? What does she have to gain?

So to be honest, I have no idea what is up with this lady. Is she just bored? Likes to play games? At this point it's obvious she is not going away.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Sidcollector - Robin

I stand by my post of February 19th....100%.

I applaud Kitkat and anyone else working with eBay to stop the lies and fraud or bringing it to the attention of the Sid community.....without those that try to stop the lies and fraud, it will only continue. Please know you have a LOT of support.....good job! :you:

Kitkat,you are angry,I see that,didn't throw you under the bus,you do what you need to do...I don't see why your lashing out...I'm not doing any heavy lifting true,I have no beef with anyone

:cool2:

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

As I have stated twice now, emotions are very high on this subject. I think everybody has good intentions, but we need to tone it down. The ONLY purpose of this thread is to warn new, current and future collectors about Carol Harkness/Merissa919.

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector wrote:
You know EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion, so we should all respect it. With that being said, emotions are really high on this subject. While some members got refunds or exchanges, others got nothing.

So this thread will mean different things, to different people. I totally respect those that wish to stay on the sidelines, those that wish the drama would end, and those that want justice and/or wish to protect future collectors.

Far as me, I am looking to protect the future collectors.

100% correct

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

zbellasmom wrote:
sidcollector wrote:
100% correct

One of my better written statements. :power:

No matter which stance you take in this matter, we should all support each other. To those that wish to remain on the sidelines, keep on sitting! To those that wish the drama to end, keep on waiting! and to those that want justice, keep on fighting!

As long as Carol is causing havoc and/or selling repaired blocks in the community, this thread will live on.

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Had to post this rant from Shawn Dingman, Carol's new best friend:

Not going to respond to anymore of your comments Robin.
even though you have like 3 different names on your site.
Must be hard to remember what you said to yourself in all of your posts.
Damascus Allen- Great writing Robin, one of your best fictional post ever, it sound so real.
But please....
No such person. Nice try though.
Give you an A for creative writing.
Robin I can see you will never change,
Can't move on
"Your stuck in the moment and you Can't get out of it"....
Great Words from a great Man....Bono....
God bless you.

Shawn, Shawn, you haven't changed in all these years. Not only is Damascus Allen real, I met him at the studio. Doubt he is real, call the studio!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that our writing styles don't match. This guy has a fine arts degree, and is an incredible writer. I slept through English, and proud of it! LOL

You said the other day that I was lying, that you never said you worked with Sid, etc. Well read this post again by Damascus Allen. He was responding to your ebay listings in 2008, where you were making these bogus claims, in BLACK AND WHITE.

Here is the link to his post again:
http://www.sidcollectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=860&p=7013&hilit=dingman#p7013

Then of course you KNOW I have some of your messages from my board in 2009.

Do you remember this one:

I'm a architectural stone designer, I could pretty much do anything with stone. Alot
of my earlier tiles were made to have some quality time with my kids, we would
make molds and on the weekends make some pretty cool tiles together, never
really wanted to sell these tiles, oldest daughter said since you do alot of
stone design work for Sid Dickens why couldnt we design our own tiles, Sid
Dickens himself told me that as long as I dont copy his tiles he was ok with
it.(guess who has some of my tiles in his house right now)

So Sid Dickens has Shawn Dingman/Atlantis Tile blocks showcased in his home and he gave his blessing to your tile making business. Boy, you are a dreamer!

So once again you are caught in a lie, just like Carol. It's funny how you too think the same. Even if the evidence is right there in black and white (ebay) you claim it's all lies.

Carol can buy a block with a second secret ebay account, sell it 2 weeks later in excellent condition under her Merissa919 account, then claim the buyer was happy with his repaired block on her rant today. This is her quote online, "Buyer of the STAR tile emailed saying they were happy with the repaired tile....." HUH!

You sold him a block in excellent condition! Why would he be happy with his repaired tile? It's all right there in black and white. How in the world can you deny it?

Here is the damaged Star from ebay (bought with her second secret account)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 582wt_1125

Here it is again (repaired) sold by Merissa919 about 2 weeks later:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1125

I don't see any mention of repaired block in your description. It says EXCELLENT CONDITION.

Let me guess, the second secret account F***U, name is encrypted on ebay, isn't you. So perhaps you are innocent? To be sure, let's click the feedback rating on the seller of the damaged block:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=jokermama&iid=290635159884&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=60&page=3

Then go to page 3 of his feedback, and lord and behold, it is you!

Let me guess the second secret ebay account gingerbreadmanfur (which was originally sour.grapes49) is not you.

Hmmm ... Well Patricia on page one of this thread said she sold you a Blush Tile recently. Looking online she sold a Blush Tile to a private account name sour.grapes49, who eventually changed her name to gingerbreadmanfur

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=gingerbreadmanfur

So there it is in Black and White, indisputable facts, which has nothing to do with me. These are facts from ebay, and Carol's own words today. $100 bucks, says she denies it.

Unbelievable!

Sidcollector - Robin

Well this is interesting.....in merissa919's last rant on her auction page she decided to call us out and issued a challenge that one of us contact her directly. I'm so sick of all of this that I decided to do just that. Thing is, looks like she has put me on her blocked members list....can't get an email to her to save my life! Makes me wonder if she really does want to be contacted. Also makes me laugh. :lol:

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Looks like she finally realized she's busted on flipping that repaired Sid Dickens star without disclosure. I was wondering how long she would be in denial and what her next excuse was going to be.

• Was she going to call herself a liar for posting the block in Excellent Condition?

• Was she going to call ebay a liar, for posting the item description wrong?

• Was she going to call ebay a liar, for posting the wrong photos on her auction and/or the seller selling the damaged block?

• Was she going to call ebay a liar, for creating a second secret private account on her behalf?

• Was she going to call her latest rant a lie, since she claims the buyer was happy with his repaired block, even though he thought he was buying one in excellent condition?

No, she was probably going to blame me for being a bully, which proves everything on ebay is not admissible in the court of Carol!
:greentongue:

Sidcollector - Robin

Last edited by Doug111663 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm so pleased I found your forum. I was bidding on one of Merissa919 auction's but my bid was not allowed as I live outside her shipping zone - aren't I lucky! I tried to send her an email to see if she would ship to NZ, but you can't email her. I was thinking what a strange way to do business, but it sounds like I've had a lucky escape LOL.

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date

whagoacoa Jun-25-12 Present Looks like this when bidding o***a ( private

gingerbreadmanfur Dec-22-11 Jun-25-12

sour.grapes49 Aug-07-11 Dec-22-11

A NEW NAME!

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...