Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

I know recently a damaged Black Lace was sold as was Iron Shell and now they are up for sale by her ....and the damage is suddenly gone.....no coincidence, same tiles, now the damage is gone, no disclosure.

Again, I don't look at eBay like I used to, but I put certain tiles in my "watch list"....some damaged, some not...just b/c I'm interested....and I've noticed how she has the same tiles back for sale....showing NO damage and no 'repair' disclosure.
Another I remember well was the Violin/Mandolin she bought damaged and turned around and sold it as in excellent condtion.

Often she has bought good tiles in good condition...then resells them, I don't have a problem with her getting a good deal, then reselling....
I have a problem with her NOT DISCLOSING repairs that she is fully aware of....or has repaired herself.
I really belief she could be turned into eBay with the proof and they would close her account. EBay doesn't want this type of fraud going on...

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Below is her second alias on ebay, primarily used for buying damaged blocks:
http://myworld.ebay.com/sour.grapes49

She thought she could hide her identity from the community, making the account and feedback private, but one of her sellers outed her. It has been confirmed this account does belong to Carol Harkness/Merissa919

Who knows how many alias's she has on ebay.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

I'm just sad all this has happened,just sux.BTW, Hi Dr Zinn!,

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

kitkat wrote:
Hi All,

I've just had a look at every one of Carol's current listings on eBay. I'm shocked to read some of the stuff in some of her item descriptions. I'm not going to claim to understand even a half of what she's written but it sounds to me as though she's become somewhat.....unhinged??...certainly quite annoyed, disturbed by recent events. On one of the listings, Black Lace, she claims to be running a contest if anyone can guess the names of her 'unnamed' two children. On her Naturlich listing she apologizes for putting a retailer out of business. And on it goes.
I'm wondering if she has access to this site? I'm also wondering what others' have asked....is there nothing eBay can do in this case.....we are talking about 'items not as described' and intentional fraud. You have likely already done this and I've just missed it...but could you disclose the Buyer i.d she uses to pick up the damaged blocks. I have some I may want to list and would like to prevent them from being repaired and then re-sold as 'mint'.
I find this whole thing disturbing....particularly her reaction as apparent in some of her listing descriptions.

She does have access to this site, but not as a member. She had two alias's on this site, and both have been deactivated.

Here is something funny, about a day after being outed she tried to post a message on this board. She didn't realize her second alias on this site, had been deactivated. Who knows what this lady was going to post.

If you remember about 1-2 years ago, we busted her bidding up a new block to $135.00. Loosing to probably another alias of hers for $140.00. Most assume the seller of the block was a third alias of hers, or a close friend. The day after she lost this magical $140.00 active block, she posted the exact same block on ebay for $135. Obviously this was a scam. She was trying to dupe a newbie into paying $135.00 for a new block, since one just sold at $140.00.

She posted a rant on the board, trying to divert attention from her being busted. If you recall, she went after me for outing her. In her rant, she claimed she was innocent and would of honored her $135 bid, if she won. WHAT! $135 for a new active block that sells in the stores for around $80.00.

I have been hearing all kind of crazies stores behind scenes. She is working overtime trying to diffuse this situation with her recent buyers. Claiming we are making the entire thing up, that we are jealous of her success, that somebody else must of repaired them and she only does repairs on request, etc.

I love the repair request excuse. How do collectors request a repair, if she fixes them before listing them on ebay! Also somebody else must of repaired it, but you do repairs on request?

:devil3: :devil3: :devil3: :devil3: :devil3:

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Another heads up. Watch her feedback, she is about to have some very complimentary feedback posted to rebut our warnings. A few of her recent sells look suspicious. Like the T38 which sold for a 3 year high the other day. She has been trying to sell it for awhile, so I find it ironic it sells instantly after she adds those crazy comments in the description. Calling herself AN EVIL SCAMMING PERSON. Obviously she used an alias, or a friend, to buy it.

Also, it was brought to my attention that she is questioning our condition feature in SidCLOPEDIA. Apparently she claims since we forgot to label some blocks damaged in our past sales section, it's our fought she has been repairing and defrauding the community! HUH!!

Like I said in the previous posts, she will be coming up with all type of excuses to divert attention from her committing fraud.

Far as SidCLOPEDIA, it's just a general overview of ebay sales. The system automatically makes all entry conditions - GOOD and types - REGULAR. This helps us speed through the daily data entry. Any other change has to be done manually. But at no time are we reading every item description or analyzing every photo. So unless the ebay title reads DAMAGED, we may not catch it in data entry.

Sidcollector - Robin

Have had another look at Seller's listings.....did you know that she is quoting your site in three of her listings? Iron Shell, Black Lace and Para. Stating that this site has determined the condition of these three blocks.

And just an FYI.....I have been reading up on eBay Seller rules and guidelines and have not abandoned the thought of contacting eBay about this Seller. One interesting tidbit I have come across.....you cannot promote any item(s) or any Seller via any sort of contest on eBay for free items. This Seller had posted a free Black Lace if anyone could guess the names of her two children.....she has since revised this page and removed this 'contest' from her item description....but eBay can still access this information. And of course there is also the small issue of posting fraudulent item descriptions.

If I sound angry, I am. I am a Seller on eBay.....mostly antique pottery but sometimes blocks....and I play by the rules and get penalized by eBay's oftentimes incomprehensible rules. This Seller does not play by the rules and retains a 100% Top Seller rating while defrauding Buyers. Not to mention the thousands of dollars I have thrown this Seller's way over the past three years!

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Yes, she is trying to claim that since we forgot to mention the block was damaged in our sales history, it's our fought she flipped all of those blocks.

:devil3: :devil3:

See above on how we enter ebay sales into our system.

I will do some research, but I am pretty sure she has listed at least 200-400 new blocks on ebay in the last few years. So her claims of not flooding ebay with new blocks, is BS!

Read this post, when we outed her in 2009 for flooding ebay with new active blocks.
http://www.sidcollectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1208

She had excuses back then too!

Sidcollector - Robin

Carol still hasn't admitted to doing anything wrong, and I don't suppose she will.

She posted a comment in one of her listings that she is not flooding ebay with active blocks because she currently only has 3 active blocks listed. Just about a month ago, she had over 20 active blocks listed at that time.

She shows a picture of her collection on one of her listings to try and prove that she is a collector, however most of the blocks she is showing are blocks that she has listed for sale. Unless she has doubles.

She has posted some very strange comments with her listings. :wacky:

I received 2 blocks today from Ms Harkness.I contacted here as my hubby has been buying me tiles that are retired from Ebay.I got a very fair deal 2 new tiles for sending back " The Kiss". He had bought from her.I know hubby will be leaving good feedback because she gave us a great deal.I'm not going to even go on Ebay anymore lololol.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

zbellasmom wrote:
I received 2 blocks today from Ms Harkness.I contacted here as my hubby has been buying me tiles that are retired from Ebay.I got a very fair deal 2 new tiles for sending back " The Kiss". He had bought from her.I know hubby will be leaving good feedback because she gave us a great deal.I'm not going to even go on Ebay anymore lololol.

Glad you were able to return your retired block. No telling if it was repaired or not. From what I hear, she is doing the same with other recent buyers. Offering multiple new blocks to prevent negative feedback.

I know she gave you a good deal, but did you buy other retired blocks from her in the past? What if those were repaired?

According to her own comments on ebay, she has been using someone with an art degree, that both teaches art and owns his own faux finish company for repairs. These are her words from one of those crazy ebay rants.

So she has now gone from "I never did repairs", to "I had a professional do it."

:bigmouth: :bigmouth: :bigmouth:

Sidcollector - Robin

I have 2 others from her,new retires and no repairs they are mint.they were retired last fall,he paid 99.00 a piece so price was right.I can't find any touch ups of any kind and the other 2 she traded me were from the new collection.they were mint too.had a scare but I'm no expert but mine are all perfect.the Kiss was bought for 129.00 and I got 2 new tiles so I got a much better deal.I do know hubby told me that between us in 2 months we have bought a total of 10 blocks and I'm cut off harharhar :laughing3: .

Morning All!! :)
Today this Seller is promoting another artist on two of her listings.....the listings with all of the '????????????' in the title..

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

kitkat wrote:
Morning All!! :)
Today this Seller is promoting another artist on two of her listings.....the listings with all of the '????????????' in the title. This artist also manufacturers blocks.

Obviously she is taking a personal jab at Sid Dickens. Just like when she re-listed the block Zbellasmom returned (the Kiss) and took a jab at Brian the Sid Doctor. Implying that he repaired the block sold to Zbellasmom.

:devil3: :devil3: :devil3:

Sidcollector - Robin

Just for the record,my dealings with her were fair.I'm done buying for awhile because I got taken 3 times this week because I didn't bother to ask questions or contact sellers I bought things from so always remember,buyer beware ! I'm so done with Ebay.....I bought my last tile for awhile off Ebay! I'm just :blackeye... :wacky3: beat up by badEbay...still have to find The Clasp though....

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

zbellasmom wrote:
Just for the record,my dealings with her were fair.I'm done buying for awhile because I got taken 3 times this week because I didn't bother to ask questions or contact sellers I bought things from so always remember,buyer beware ! I'm so done with Ebay.....I bought my last tile for awhile off Ebay! I'm just :blackeye... :wacky3: beat up by badEbay...still have to find The Clasp though....

Ebay is normally a safe place to buy blocks, you just have to avoid this lady. You just got lucky you were able to return that retired block for 2 new ones.

I have been buying on ebay since 2003 (Sid Dickens) and only had one problem in 8-9 years. So it's normally a pretty safe place to buy.

Far as damage during shipping, ALWAYS tell them how to wrap it. As Brian told me years ago, you wrap these blocks like a gigantic burrito. 3-4 inches of bubble wrap on all sides, then you submerge it in more bubble wrap, peanuts or paper, etc.

I always make a point to send the same directions to EVERY SELLER!
Robin

Sidcollector - Robin

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...