Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Did anyone see the video this week of the FedEx driver throwing the monitor (you could hear it break) and one of a UPS driver tossing a package too. I'm going to keep those visuals in mind now whenever I pack a tile for shipping. They have to be able to survive that kind of rough handling---sorry if I got off the original subject :)

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

RubyRed wrote:
Did anyone see the video this week of the FedEx driver throwing the monitor (you could hear it break) and one of a UPS driver tossing a package too. I'm going to keep those visuals in mind now whenever I pack a tile for shipping. They have to be able to survive that kind of rough handling---sorry if I got off the original subject :)

Didn't' see the video, but I don't doubt it. I remember the first time I bought from Australia, and it took a few weeks to arrive by snail mail. I was pretty scared of the damaged. But I told them how to package it, and everything went fine.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

Got a tile a few weeks ago rattling around in box with 1 sheet bubble wrap not even taped up :devil3: banged up backside

OH BOY!!!!!.....I have officially landed in the sites of this Seller!!
I found this on her listing,Para, this morning..........

"Becoming more mentally stable and less "unhinged" as time goes by.
Thank you to all ebayers that have responded with a sense of humor.
I will not be updating any of my listings for awhile
so no need to check what crazy merissa919 is posting."

If you take a look at some of my past postings on this board you find some of my words eerily similar to some of the words in her posting.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Collectors,

HERE WE GO AGAIN!
She just can't help herself! like a crack addict!

:devil3: :devil3: :devil3:

Carol once again thinks she's smarter then everybody else. Regardless if she can manipulate a few ebay supporters, good luck explaining this one!

On 12-22-2011, this damaged T150 Lemon sold for $76.75 on ebay. The 60 day average selling price for this block is $207.17. This block sold cheap due to some damage on the front (exposed white plaster on edges):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230718967631#ht_500wt_1116

A new MYSTERY BUYER bought the block, with the encrypted private name:
f***u ( private )

Does the f***u mean something? Just a coincidence!

Well apparently this buyer is not sour.grapes49. If you have been following this thread you will remember Carol Harkness (aka Merissa919) set up this secret (private) account to buy up mostly damaged blocks on August 7, 2011.

The buyer of this damaged Lemon block, is a new secret (private) account that was set up on the exact same day this Lemon block was purchased on ebay.

My initial guess was this is Carol Harkness again, licking her chops at ripping off another collector.

But do I have any proof! OH YEAH! Stupid, didn't' realize that changing the ID on a private account, doesn't hide the private ID history on ebay.

So here you go, straight from ebay

So Carol Harkness (aka Merissa919) changed her secret account to gingerbreadmanfur on 12-22-2011, so she could buy a damaged block without anybody knowing it was her. SOUND FAMILIAR!

I hope the last of her supporters, will be able to see the writing on the wall this time! Don't let this idiot manipulate you, since she appears friendly. There is a reason this lady is an enemy of Sid Dickens. She has been lying, manipulating and committing fraud in the community for years!

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Also, keep in mind the importance of finding all of these private/secret accounts of hers. It shows major INTENT to hide her identity.

Why does she want her identity hidden? Because she is buying up damaged blocks with the INTENT to repair and sell them under Merissa919.

Look at the Sid Dickens Star Block. If she would of purchased it under Merissa919, there is no way she could of sold it in mint condition 2 weeks later.

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

I have been out of town for a few weeks, and just now catching up on everything. Looks like Merissa919/Carol Harkness still thinks she's smarter then everybody.

I have received several emails, and apparently she is still using her secret ebay account to buy up damaged blocks:

Carol Harkness/Merissa919 bought this damaged block for $28.78, under her secret ebay alias "gingerbreadmanfur", aka "f***u ( private )":
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sid-Dickens-Two-Sisters-T-75-/230725502961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b84fc7f1#ht_500wt_1099

Carol Harkness/Merissa919 bought this damaged block for $135.00, under her secret ebay alias "gingerbreadmanfur", aka "f***u ( private )":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180794237938#ht_500wt_866

Carol Harkness/Merissa919 tried to buy this damaged block for $48.00, under her secret ebay alias "gingerbreadmanfur", aka "f***u ( private )":
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sid-Dickens-Pawn-T-24-/230720942697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b80a3269#ht_500wt_1099

These are just a few of them.

ALSO, she has now stepped up the game of hiding the identity of these repaired blocks. If you look at her account, Merissa919, she no longer shows images from the back side. Why is this important? The back side is the easiest way to match her newest listings, to a damaged block bought from one of her many alias's on ebay. So once again she is showing INTENT to defraud.

Sidcollector - Robin

Glad to hear you are still on top of this....I wasn't sure. I noticed prior to Christmas that when you hit her 'other eBay id' link no other id's come up. Prior to this all of her other id's were reveled when hitting the link....anyone know why/how this has changed?

OMG!!!!!!!! LOOK AT WHAT I JUST CAME ACROSS>>>>>>>

From merissa919
Item # 320825722938
Wild Rose

Requirements of a Cyber Bully:

1. Must have nothing else going on in their life, this is a 24 hour per day commitment.
2. Low level language and vocabulary skills, high school diploma discouraged.
3. Must be willing to speculate as to what others are doing without verifying facts, as that would require personal contact. YIKES!!!
4. Surround yourself with only those willing to agree with your speculations and theories, delete all other comments.
5. Have ability to alter, manipulate, or delete any and all information that exposes yourself for doing exactly what you claim "others" are doing.
6. Be prepared to be "shut down" occasionally when there is a mutiny amongst your followers.
7. Be content with the knowledge that your computer is your only true friend and that bullying will be your one and only claim to fame.

I will NOT sit by and have my reputation besmirched by this fraudulent eBay Seller!!
Oh....just as an fyi.....TWO university degrees....Dean's List for both!! ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS....SEETHING!!!

I don't think this is directed at you...think her beef is directed at Robin... THIS IS SAD AND TIRING!!!

This whole issue is fraught with emotion on all sides. As a result, I am going to offer a very calm explanation as to why this issue has and does remain on my radar.

My objection to the alleged practices of this Seller are twofold. The first of these objections come as a fellow eBay Seller. I have been selling on eBay for a couple of years now and can attest to how very difficult a thing it is to do....especially if it is done only as a hobby as opposed to a proper business. eBay has many, many requirements for Sellers, requirements that most folks know nothing about, and these requirements are often punitive and difficult to fulfill. When there is one amongst us that is able to maintain the highest rating eBay can give, but that rating is achieved via deceitful selling practices, it hurts all of us. I'll do my best to explain what I mean. When a Seller maintains high ratings over long periods of time it increases the expectations eBay has of all their other Sellers. Impressive sales records is factored into what eBay expects all other Sellers to achieve. And when we cannot met eBay's expectations we are then penalized and downgraded. If an exceptional sales record is achieved via legitimate selling practices then this sales records' influence on eBay expectations is also legitimate. But if this exceptional sales record is achieved via deceitful selling practices then its' weight on eBay expectations is not legitimate......and these 'not legitimate' expectations cannot possibly be met by honest sales practices. Hope this is clear. :)

My second objection re: the alleged practices of this Seller come as an avid Dicken's collector. In 2008 I began collecting in earnest, I spent over $50,000 that year on a collection that now numbers well over 200 blocks. I began collecting because I love these blocks. But I also collect because the blocks are bona fide art objects that are financially available to 'regular folks'. As authentic art objects these blocks are valued in accordance with market trends.....in other words, the value of many of the blocks will increase (or decrease) over time and as a result of other market factors. As art objects the sale of the blocks are also subject to the accepted guidelines of art collecting. Among these guidelines re: selling art objects is the expectation that ALL information pertaining to authenticity and condition of the item are revealed when the item goes up for sale. Imagine purchasing an original Monet only to learn after the fact, via a third party, that there had been alterations to the piece??
Non-disclosure in its own right is reason enough to object to deceitful selling practices but consider non-disclosure in terms of its impact on the value of an art object. My love of Sid's blocks is not the sole reason for my collecting; my collection is quite a significant part of my son's inheritance. Suppose that in 40 years my collection has doubled in value and my son wishes to sell it.....but during the appraisal process it is discovered that a large portion of the blocks are not in mint condition, although this is how they were sold to me when I made the purchase. This collection will very quickly be downgraded in terms of value.

My anger over this issue does not stem from some obscene desire to 'bully' someone. Selling practices of this nature are not victimless.....there are real consequences to fraudulent sales practices, especially in the art business. And I haven't even touched upon the illegality of fraudulent selling.
I hope I have given a clear and succinct accounting as to why these alleged practices have offended me to such a degree.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

kitkat wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!! LOOK AT WHAT I JUST CAME ACROSS>>>>>>>

From merissa919
Item # 320825722938
Wild Rose

Requirements of a Cyber Bully:

1. Must have nothing else going on in their life, this is a 24 hour per day commitment.
2. Low level language and vocabulary skills, high school diploma discouraged.
3. Must be willing to speculate as to what others are doing without verifying facts, as that would require personal contact. YIKES!!!
4. Surround yourself with only those willing to agree with your speculations and theories, delete all other comments.
5. Have ability to alter, manipulate, or delete any and all information that exposes yourself for doing exactly what you claim "others" are doing.
6. Be prepared to be "shut down" occasionally when there is a mutiny amongst your followers.
7. Be content with the knowledge that your computer is your only true friend and that bullying will be your one and only claim to fame.

I will NOT sit by and have my reputation besmirched by this fraudulent eBay Seller!!
Oh....just as an fyi.....TWO university degrees....Dean's List for both!! ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS....SEETHING!!!

Don't take it personally kitkat, she is trying to divert attention from herself. At the end of the day a picture is worth a thousand words. The before and after photos from ebay, showing her repairs, are indisputable. She has been caught before, and this lady has an excuse for everything. Bottom line, this lady has been an enemy of Sid Dickens, inc. for years.

Sidcollector - Robin

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

Wow, this lady is a nut. I bet if she stole diamonds from a jewelry store, and she was caught on tape, she would have plenty of excuses for the police too. I can hear it now, "The store owner is a bully" "They are making the entire thing up" "That isn't me on the video tape, somebody cloned me", etc.

ARGHHH You were caught on tape! You are 100% guilty.

Sidcollector - Robin

From an item description today:

Excerpts from an email I received from purchaser of "STAR", one of my highly publicized sales.
This buyer was replacing a broken "STAR" tile.

"The quality of your son-in-law's father's (this is who made the repairs) work is very professional. I compared the tile against my broken tile and I preferred the look of the tile I received from you. I do not collect these tiles to resell them, so I am not concerned about this item's resale value. Considering its age (debuted in 1998, discontinued in 2003), I can understand minor cosmetic wear."

This is a direct quote from the buyer who knows the tile was repaired.

Comparing a tile to a MONET is not even realistic.

Unless my email has also been invaded, no one knows what kind of correspondence is made between myself and buyers before or after a sale has been made.

I am quite sure this will start even more speculation and gossip and that I will be
accused of making this quote up. Pretty much standard for several people that access
a certain site so let the bashing begin.

I'd say I have most certainly been called out by this Seller. *Insert heavy sigh*

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...