Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Warning on Ebay User: Merissa919 / Carol Harkness

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Please be aware of seller Merissa919 - Carol Harkness on eBay. If you buy from her be aware the tile could have been repaired without you knowing it. Over a couple of years I have bought tiles from her where 3 of the 6 have arrived broken. In returning them I found that they had reappeared for sale repaired without notation. The last one I bought from her was completely redone and nothing Sid Dickens would to even to sell as a second. When I bought it it arrived in many pieces so plastering would have had to be done to the repair. She painted it likely to cover up flaws since it was a blonde tile. She show a picture of the severe breakage and indicated it was heavily lacquered so it would hold togther. She packs her tiles for shipment poorly. In this last breakeage she said it fell off a conveyer belt. I don't know how she could say that as nothing of the sort was indicated on the box upon reciept. As s precaustion Merissa919 - Carol Harkness does not always tell the whole truth.

sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

:bugeye2: :bugeye2: :bugeye2:

This is starting to get crazy now. Somebody forwarded me a link to another Carol Harkness rant on ebay. I usually just ignore them, but she is off the deep end now. I have received a few emails from this new member (iceman) and he is 100% legit and a large collector from Vancouver.

Carol keeps mentioning her positive feedback. As kitkat mentioned earlier in this thread, people are leaving positive feedback before realizing they were scammed. Kitkat, iceman, and many others would love the option to leave her negative feedback.

Robin

T-40
IRON CHID
Released 1999
Retired 12/29/2000

Just had to make some revisions to this post as I began having doubts as to whether it was really written by the buyer of the LEAVES tile that was damaged by the Canadian Post Office. Upon reading it closer, I realized that the buyers feedback for me was always positive and included remarks about "great" packaging. Didn't think they would include certain remarks if it was really them making this post. I have never had any other tiles sold to this buyer returned for any reason....including poor packaging and breakage.........therefore............I think the recent post is 100% fiction.....and I will be contacting ebay's legal department.

SO VERY TIRED OF THIS.... Attached is a copy of the letter I received from the Canadian Post Office regarding the recently sold "altered" Leaves tile. I have blocked the name of the recipient of this letter because it is quite possible this person did not even make this post and not my style to expose people until I have solid proof. If this last post is legitimate...why would they continue to purchase from me and where is the negative feedback from them. I know who this buyer is and all feedback from them has been positive. Direct quote from latest post, "In this last breakage she said it fell off a conveyer belt. I don't know how she could say that as nothing of the sort was indicated on the box upon receipt." SINCE THIS LETTER IS ADDRESSED TO THE RECIPIENT OF LEAVES THEY CLEARLY KNEW IT WAS DAMAGED BY BEING DROPPED OFF A CONVEYOR BELT. Either (A) BUYER DID NOT REALIZE I RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS LETTER or...............(B)BUYER DID NOT WRITE THIS RECENT POST ( I believe it to be option B) Once again............no proof needed..........just post whatever and let the burden of proof fall on the accused. Although, I know there are many of you out there that already know what some websites are best at.......hoping this will clear it up for a few more.

IF DEROGATORY POST ABOUT ME IS DELETED BEFORE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO READ IT.......PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FORWARD IT TO YOU. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT IF THE POST IS DELETED..........IT SHOWS CLEAR PROOF THAT IT WAS ENTIRELY FABRICATED TO ONCE AGAIN TRY TO "GET" merissa919.

CAN WHOEVER WROTE THIS LATEST POST PROVE WHICH TILES THEY PURCHASED FROM ME THAT WERE DAMAGED....REPAIRED.....RETURNED.....RESOLD.......POORLY PACKAGED........................... I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M BETTING NO ONE CONTACTS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I so confident. Because I know who made this fictitious post and most of you do too.
NICE TRY...........ICEMAN aka ??????. Maybe ICEMAN would also like to post a copy of my invoice for the LEAVES tile that was damaged, since ICEMAN seems to have some fairly specific records concerning their transactions with me. Or maybe a paypal statement showing payment to me for this tile in the correct amount of the sale. I do have records concerning this sale and only myself and the REAL BUYER know what this tile sold for.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU ................ICEMAN. YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO JOIN "IDIOTVILLE" ONCE, SO STOP TRYING SO HARD..............YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

Truly unbelievable.

Does anybody know why her two other eBay id's don't show up when I hit the correct link?? I'm almost to the point that I won't buy any blocks from eBay....not knowing if they could be coming from her under one of her phantom id's. I will contact eBay re: why these alternative id's aren't showing up.

Oh.....by the by.....just as an fyi.....eBay 'legal' has absolutely no control over what is written on a third party, independently owned site and that site's comment thread.

FOR THE RECORD, iceman is long time collector in Vancouver. From our past dealings with him, he is a good guy and a straight shooter. Not surprised that merissa is trying to discredit him. She's tried to do that with anyone that has come forward.

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 am

Carol, Iceman is alive and well. When I saw what you were doing with damaged tiles it was time to speak up and expose your fixing of damaged Sid Dickens tiles and selling them as original meaning new or mint condition and or as altered inserted in an aution which I recently observed. Being a collector I want an original tile not a patched tile when buying on eBay. To the untrained eye one thinking they were buying an original as new or an excellent condition tile not knowing of your patch work and conning potential buyers. For your own reputation I suggest you remove the statement posted from Canada Post you have posted on the Rustic Angel tile saving what reputation you have. Ice

Never ever buying from Ebay...would rather eat worms....I'll just buy from people I know...just :redtongue:

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 pm
sidcollector User avatar
Site Admin

iceman wrote:
Carol, Iceman is alive and well. When I saw what you were doing with damaged tiles it was time to speak up and expose your fixing of damaged Sid Dickens tiles and selling them as original meaning new or mint condition and or as altered inserted in an aution which I recently observed. Being a collector I want an original tile not a patched tile when buying on eBay. To the untrained eye one thinking they were buying an original as new or an excellent condition tile not knowing of your patch work and conning potential buyers. For your own reputation I suggest you remove the statement posted from Canada Post you have posted on the Rustic Angel tile saving what reputation you have. Ice

Hey Ice, I merged your latest post with this on going thread. Thanks again for coming forward and handling that situation for me.

Robin

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sidcollectors/131746530235106

Have a question on collecting: info@sidcollectors.com
Have an unknown item, not listed in SidCLOPEDIA: tips@sidcollectors.com

Sidcollector - Robin

I see this person has new tricks up her sleeve. She is advertising Sid Dickens blocks that are displayed along with a Shawn Dingbat (sp?) tile. Then in the text of the listing, she says that the Dingbat tile isn't for sale, but she "welcomes questions and comments."

So promoting another artist while selling Sids tiles? Scoping out business opportunities for Dingbat? Wonder what she's up to now?

Yes Brit, not only is she now posting other artist blocks she is also posting Dickens blocks that she has drastically modified! As a general fyi: she has now taken down her Iron Angel listing where she had written that long, rambling story about Iceman and then was doing a day by day account of how Iceman has not contacted her personally. Wonder why she took that down?? Perhaps eBay became aware of her inappropriate comments in the description section of her auction pages?? Or perhaps she was contacted by Iceman???
Strange days!!

Yep,moving on..only buying/ trading with trusted people I know or buying from retailers...I haven't seen any of these listings as I'm over Ebay Sid buying but,let's not resort to name calling of people..Golden rule and it's just not nice.I don't think that it's needed :grin: .I get the M*A* S*H reference ,biggest lol all day LOVED IT!

Posted on auction page for Postmark re: the Iceman issue:

'For all those interested, I did hear from ICEMAN, or his alter ego, I'm never really sure who it is responding. The response made to me, by ICEMAN???, looks very different from the information posted for your viewing. I think ICEMAN was trying to play on both sides of the fence, or at least someone in his "household" was. I pretty much know who lives in my household and what they are doing.

CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP.'

Posted on the auction page for History:

' "WE" fully expected more classy comments on my listings and as usual, were not disappointed. If I choose to show dirty socks with my listings....really, is it anyone's business except mine? Clearly, the name calling is juvenile, especially since I doubt this person has had a conversation with Mr. Dingman, an amazing man and artist. I am honored to own his artwork and will continue to add more. Chirp, Chirp, Chirp......We know who is promoting this kind of nonsense.'

This woman clearly like to stir the pot....seems she actually likes this sort of attention. And I'll tell you whose business it is re: the content of her eBay postings.....it's eBay's business!!

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...