Board index REPAIR & INFO FROM THE SID DOCTOR! Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs... Broken T90

Broken T90

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi Brian,

My tile lost the back lower corner, about 1/2 inch, when I removed it from the wall. As it is a clean break I'm wondering if I can just glue it back or does it need more specialized treatment? As I am brand new to site board and very inexperienced in communicating on it, please let me know how I would go about sending you the tile if need be, and what would the approximate cost be. I don't even know where to look for messages from people! Hope I find yours..
Many thanks,

Fern

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Send me a picture of the tile......most breaks like that can be fixed with a small amount of work depending on how clean the break is.

middiemama7@comcast.net is my email.

To glue tiles back to gether I only use Carpenters glue as it has the highest bond strength and is clean adn workable.depending on if the chip is showing on the crack line after glued or not it can be blended with Acrylic Raw Umber.Thge back is the hard part to blend as most of those cracks need filled and then the black blended in.

I only charge $20 for repairs unless it is a Icon or Transfer tile with damage to the transfer as they take about 50-100 hours work and I charge $50 to repair them.I also charge shipping back.All reapirs are so close to flawless most can never tell it was ever broken.
Beer...........It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Return to Ask the Sid Doctor? About Repairs...